Friday, August 8, 2014

The Sandman

Guys. I fixed my grit problem. 

Not only does adding peanut butter work (and a small amount too!) but so does just adding the peanut butter powder. And, to make things even better, making the mix with less water totally helps. Now it's thick like a milkshake. I love it. I drank all my DIYS yesterday with no issue. 

But I'm crazy tired. No caffeine makes for a very dull and very lethargic day. Cutting calories means I'm still adjusting but I also stopped drinking coffee and redbull in one go and my body feels like it stops working by 3pm. I added a sugar-free redbull yesterday around lunchtime (which helped) and I poured some coffee into my mix bottle this morning after I'd drank half of it and that worked as well. We'll see how long it takes before I pick back up.

In the meantime, though, I have been going to bed by 9pm. I essentially faceplant into my pillow well before my husband and dogs are ready to turn in and it's starting to get on my nerves. Yeah, I don't have homework right now, so this is the best time for me to be sleepy, but duuuuuuuuuude... I have stuff to do! I have a bowling night tomorrow that I'm going to snore through! Jeesh. I'll adjust but I'm pretty down on power right now and thought I'd share.

Also, my tests are coming back better- BP is down, glucose is down, specific gravity is down, and my weight is a bit down as well. Yay!

Things not DIYS that I've eaten: plain rice cakes, a small 2-ounce container of fresh guacamole, a pickle, and an Eggo (still frozen). I told you, I'm weak. But it's getting easier to resist- especially when I'm staying busy. 

I'll post an update recipe when I recreate the PB mix and I'll also link to my tracked numbers thus far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment