Friday, August 29, 2014

School's Back

So, my goal thus far (now that the recipe is essentially fleshed out) has been to simply maintain the DIYS diet. My weight has continued to steadily drop and my energy level is surprisingly good. My dogs are still keeping me up at night but, were that not the case, I'm betting that my sleep level would be great as well.

School has started up again and I've discovered that DIYS is both a good and bad thing for me there. I no longer have to contend with deciding which horrible fast food place to subject myself to but I do have to carry around an insulated lunch bag for my DIYS. I've decided to deal with the extra bag since I'm enjoying my weight loss.

At the beginning of this week, I officially added physical exercise to my repertoire and can assure you that DIYS is sufficient for an active lifestyle. Perhaps my formula isn't appropriate for someone interested in strength or marathon training but for a 2-3 times per week cardio event (like Zumba), this should work nicely. I've also been getting a lot more physical activity just by walking across campus constantly, so I'm figuring that (and the heat) into how well DIYS is working.

I've dropped my Zumba class though. I attended class on Tuesday and discovered that it wasn't just a place to workout but included papers and research and students teaching choreography to the class. No thanks. I need cardio, not extra research papers. So now I have an hour of lap swim between classes! Full cardio, full body, and low impact! Woo! It's what I really wanted to do instead of Zumba but I misread the pool schedule and thought I couldn't swim until after my classes; now I get to do it in between! Yay!

Here are the results from the past week:

I've consistently lost weight every day this week despite the fact that I've added to my protein intake by adding browned lean ground turkey meat (no spices). I also had dinner with a friend last night and, because I had less than a full pitcher of Soylent that day, I had a piece of swordfish and some plain asparagus. I find this interesting because it means that my caloric consumption is greater.

Weight during pre-DIYS tests (8/3): 275.6
Weight as of 8/29: 260.2
15.4 pounds in 26 days = .59 pounds per day
Blood glucose steady between 90-98 each morning
Resting BP and heart rate consistently healthy
I have more energy now than I've had for a very long time- despite my lack of sleep!

I'm going to assume that I can do better in the next 4 months because I will not only be increasing how I burn calories but I am also no longer tinkering with my recipe or cheating with foods that don't treat my body right.



No comments:

Post a Comment